Summer 2017 (sign up now! email Lisa Anthony!)
all meetings are held in CSE E301J from 12:50pm to 1:50pm (bring your lunch!)
- Thursday May 18th: CHI 2017 Debrief — Lisa + other CHI attendees
- Tuesday June 13th: CSCL 2017 practice talks — LearnDialogue Group (Kristy)
- Tuesday July 11th: TBD
- Tuesday August 8th: TBD
all meetings are held in CSE 404 from 12:50pm to 1:50pm (bring your lunch!)
- Thursday January 12th: HCC User Studies and Hardware Lab resource tour — Lisa
- Tuesday February 14th: Getting started with Unity and VR — Stevie and Andrew C. (Ben)
- Tuesday March 14th: Github Tutorial — Mickey Vellukunnel (Kristy)
- Tuesday April 11th: The Academic Job Market — Marvin (Juan)
all meetings are held in CSE 305 from 12:50pm to 1:50pm (bring your lunch!)
- Tuesday September 13th: Welcome and introductions; planning for meetings — Christina
- Tuesday October 11th: What is human-centered computing all about? — faculty & student discussion
- Tuesday November 8th: Marshmallow challenge — Ben & Jaime
- Tuesday December 13th: End of semester social! (details TBD)
all meetings are held in CSE 305 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm (bring your lunch!)
- Wednesday May 25th: CHI 2016 recap — Lisa
- Monday June 13th: Student presentation by Pallavi Raiturkar — Eakta; Student presentation by Khimya Khetarpal — Eakta
- Monday July 11th: PhD defense — Diego Rivera-Gutierrez — Ben (***2pm CSE 404)
- Monday August 8th: End of summer board game lunch!
all meetings are held in CSE 305 from 12:50pm to 1:50pm
- Tuesday January 12th: General meeting — Lisa
- Tuesday February 16th: Student presentation by Yerika Jimenez — Christina
- Tuesday March 8th: Time management (Eisenhower’s Matrix) — Lisa
- Tuesday April 12th: Student presentation by Julia Woodward & Alex Shaw — Lisa
all meetings are held in CSE 305 from 10:40am to 11:40am
- Tuesday September 8th: Fall kick-off, new faculty introductions — Lisa; IVA conference overview by VERG — Ben
- Tuesday October 13th: General meeting — Lisa
- Tuesday November 10th: Student presentation by Ziqi Fan — Kyla
- Tuesday December 8th: HCC@UF Holiday Social — Christina
1. What is HCC@UF?
A group of UF faculty, students, post-docs, visitors, and affiliates who work on, study, or are otherwise interested in human-centered computing topics.
2. What are the monthly meetings for?
They provide a forum for practice talks, tutorials, administrative discussions, course discussions, advice, socializing, etc.
3. How do I get added to this mailing list or add other people to this mailing list?
Individual CISE faculty or affiliate faculty and their students and post-docs can be added to this mailing list (email@example.com) by emailing Dr. Anthony (firstname.lastname@example.org); please cc: the hosting faculty member. Please note, in order to reply to this list, you must post with a CISE or UFL email address.